Inland Spain Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GPS software

Go down

GPS software Empty GPS software

Post  Sierra_Satellites Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:12 am

I was looking for a house in the mountains a few days ago and trying to ignore the GPS co-ordinates I had been given for the TomTom, as they came up as somewhere near Huercal Overa and I was (and should have been) north east of Velez Blanco. When I found the house, the owner said he had had a problem with Google earth before, and even told me where it said I should go. I'm still wondering why he gave them to me. It occurred to me that it was time I found a GPS program for my phone which would give me the co-ordinates correctly and therefore help people to give out the correct details to future visitors.

After a bit of research I downloaded GPSToday. It works well and does a lot more than I will need, but if you're into walking/geotagging add it to your phone - the bonus - It's a Free Program. Touch phones with a gps receiver only. Both iPhones and Windows Mobile FROM HERE
Sierra_Satellites
Sierra_Satellites

Back to top Go down

GPS software Empty Geocaching or Geotagging

Post  Sierra_Satellites Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:23 am

Geocaching or Geotagging is easy and can be both useful and fun. If you have a touch screen phone with built in GPS, you can add a program similar to the one I have suggested. You can then “tag” your Home, Work, Mobile, or Point of Interest on a map which shows on a screen. This means you can send people your GPS co-ordinates (map reference) to your home, a shop, point of interest or arrange a meeting place. It is also very easy to Tag places you visit and add or send someone a photograph directly from the program. All of this can be done using SMS or email which can be opened on another mobile, laptop or desktop pc. Anyone using the same program will get the co-ordinates and anyone who is not, i.e. someone using a desktop will be sent a google map marked with the location.

It would be great to hear from anyone who uses, or would like to try geocaching/tagging as, just like the forum, the more people who get involved, the more useful and fun it will be.
Sierra_Satellites
Sierra_Satellites

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum